The Pelham City Schools Charter System will be receiving
The Pelham City Schools Charter System continually
AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN (ARP)
On March 11, 2021, President Biden signed into law the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARPA). ARPA makes available $122.8 billion nationally in a third round of Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ARP-ESSER) funds.
This is a fact sheet released by the US Department of Education summarizing the differences between the ESSER funds released under CARES Act, the ESSER II funds released under the CRRSA Act, and ARP ESSER Funds.
Districts are required to seek community input on how these funds will be spent to support students. The Pelham City Schools Charter System is prioritizing the use of ARP funds to support the District's strategic priorities in the following areas:
- After school, before school, and summer learning opportunities
- Staff members to work specifically with students needing extra assistance
- Improving teacher ability to use technology in their instruction
- Purchasing technology, including desktop computers, Chromebooks, and WiFi devices
- Purchasing instructional software, including software to help assess and identify student deficits
- Providing faculty, staff, and students with social-emotional learning support
- Providing Professional Learning for teachers in the use of technology and instructional strategies
- Ensuring that buildings and other items used by faculty, staff, and students are clean and sanitary
You can provide input for any or all of these items by completing our survey here.