Expectations for School Bus Safety
STAY SAFE AT THE STOP!
Boarding the Bus:
- Students must be at the designated bus stop five (5) minutes prior to scheduled arrival time.
- Students who must cross the road before getting on the bus shall wait for the bus to arrive and display the proper warning signs and hand signal from the driver before crossing the road.
- All students must cross the road in front of the bus, never behind the bus.
- Students shall always stand a safe distance off the road (never in the road) while waiting for the bus to arrive.
Exiting the Bus:
- Students must use the service entrance door while unloading and not the exit doors. The emergency exit is to be used only in emergency situations.
- Students who must cross the road after getting off the bus should cross at least ten (10) feet in front of the bus after looking both ways to be sure no traffic is approaching from either direction and wait for the driver signal to cross.
- Students should walk across the road - never run.
- Students should not ask to be let off at stops other than their assigned stop unless requested in writing by the student’s parent or guardian(s) and approved by the principal or other school administrator.